Oh what a lovely Christmas! I really enjoyed being a missionary this holiday season. Here are my top 5 reasons why everyone should give it a try!
1. People will feed you. On Christmas Eve I got to try goose. On Christmas, I had turkey. On 2nd Christmas (yes, Germany knows how to party) I got rabbit. In between all of that I had a lot of chocolate. I think I received 8 chocolate santas and a box filled with Milka assortments. Let’s just say, I have my emergency food storage covered.
2. People love to take you places. Early Christmas morning we woke up and went to the old Baroque church for a Nativity play. It was freezing cold but worth every moment! Other members took us to that same church later for a Bach Opera Concert thing. ‘Frohlocket Frohlocketttt!’ (I thought of you Annie!). Other members took us to a cool museum celebrating the Pyramids and Schwipbögen we see here.
3. People like to give things. One member couple gave us Schwipbögen shaped like the Freiberg temple! So stunning. I was so happy to receive all my gifts. Thank you all! I felt like the world’s most loved missionary.
4. Skype. It was wonderful to talk with the family! My brother has grown at least half a foot since I left. I guess that’s puberty for you!
5. You get to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ as a representative of him. Oh what a calling that is! Missionaries have such an amazing opportunity to talk to people about our Savior during the Holidays.
I could go on and on, but alas my email time has once again come to an end. Thank you to everyone who made my Christmas special! I wish you all a splendid New Year!
posted by Splendidly Sar